Strength Training to Get Over Plateau

I've been working out consistently using FB programs for about 3 months now. Before I started using their programs I did my own independent workouts using their free videos. I haven't really lost any weight, just been maintaining my weight. I took bwfore and after pictures and have noticed I look slimmer and slightly more toned after a month or 2. I'm really glad my pictures show a difference and that I've at least been maintaining my weight instead of gaining more weight. But I want to see my results reflected more in actually losing weight. Recently I've seen a lot of posts about people incorporating lifting more into their workouts and this has caused their bodies to get more toned to where it looks like they lost a lot of weight but really they've only lost about 1 pound. This amazes me and inspires me! So, I bought PowerBlock dumbbells and I'm thinking about buying FB Strong to see if I too can get these kind of results. Even if I don't lose 10 lbs but it looks like I did from the muscle gain and increase in tone in my body, then I will still be happy. I'm excited to use my new dumbbells and start my strength journey. :)