3 weeks post surgery....itching to exercise but not allowed yet! Yawn.

Hi everyone,

I posted on here a few weeks back that I've had a preventative double mastectomy with reconstruction and that I'm not allowed to exercise for SIX WEEKS and my lifting is very limited at the moment - as in, I can lift a dinner plate with food on it but only with both hands - so, I'm half way through that 6 week period and as boredom starts to set in (there's only so much reading and Netflix a person can take) I'm browsing the FB website to find low impact exercises I could start when my 6 weeks are up. Desperately trying not to think about exercising before then, but it's so hard!!

Now, I don't want to ruin my recovery and I've had a complication one side that, although getting better, means I'm limited on how much physio I'm allowed to do on that side. I was thinking some squats and lunges here and there can't possibly be a bad thing....and some stretching of my legs....I just can't sweat as I can't have full showers yet and that would make things gross and difficult. Not allowed to lie flat either, so any gentle core exercises are also out the question. I guess I need to just embrace no exercise for another 3 weeks.

I suppose the mere fact that I'm so desperate to exercise is AMAZING as pre-FB I would have never been desperate to exercise. So...yay!

Not sure why I posted this essay....suppose I'm venting! Thanks for 'listening'.