Take That, Daniel and Kelli!

Alright, Fitness Blender Family, #AndrewComplete somehow managed to get his 1000 Calorie #WorkoutCompleteForK&D today (and after a 30+ minute yoga session with his wife and furry trainers, mind you).

Can you believe it? I can't.

I guess that I never really paid attention that closely to the 1000 calorie workouts before (you know, since I never, ever planned on doing one), but they are no joke folks. When I opened up the video you all chose and saw it was 84 minutes long, I said, "oh, heck no...that ain't gonna happen. That can't be right, can it? 84 minutes?"

It was.

I started strong, fresh off my yoga session and some serious carb loading...but then things went off the rails.

After the warm up and first HIIT group (something like 10 minutes total, I think), I was pretty convinced that the progress bar on the side wasn't working. How could is still be waaaaay down there? It seemed to be stuck or something. I made a mental note that I was going to have to talk to our web developer about that.

The progress bar was not stuck, much to my genuine dismay.

For the HIIT groups, I thought I was going to pass out and I was worried that my wife wasn't home and that the dogs don't know how to dial the phone for an ambulance. I kept telling myself that "I am never doing this again; this is ridiculous; it's basically torture."

I somehow made it through the four HIIT groups (FOUR HIIT groups!!! Come on now!), but I was in serious need of a long water break and I wasn't exactly thinking clearly. I started to negotiate with myself. "You know, Andrew, you didn't actually promise anyone that you would do this. Not like 100% promise. I mean, you did like a third of the workout...that's still pretty good."

Well, after some water and a healthy dose of self pity, I decided to hit play again - for the strength sessions. I had already told myself that I was going to just do body weight, partially because I didn't want my huge muscles to literally rip through my shirt like the Incredible Hulk, but also a little bit because I couldn't seem to find our PowerBlocks (such a shame that they somehow got misplaced). A real shame.

Anyway, still reeling from the HIIT sessions, the fact that I was doing the strength sessions, even with body weight only, didn't exactly give me the respite I was hoping for, unfortunately.

And then Daniel starts going into this whole, "you're done burning your carbs, now you're burning fat" routine. Hmmm. Okay. That's good, I suppose. But then he says, "oh, yeah, but you'll probably be light-headed and not able to think too clearly now."

I was like - oh, NOW you tell me! I was light-headed two minutes into this whole thing. That can't be good for me; maybe I should stop.

I sucked it up and kept going, determined not to let my little brother take me down like this. And the fact that a few images flashed into my head of my hands firmly affixed around Daniel's neck can certainly be chalked up to being "light-headed" and "not thinking clearly" - right? I mean, that would definitely hold up in a court of law; I'm almost certain of it.

So, then came the core strength part of the workout, which I was happy to find out involved a lot of me on my back or stomach. I used this to my full advantage...and may have (may have, I'm not actually admitting to anything) stopped doing whatever torture Daniel was trying to get me to do a few seconds before the beep, beep, beep.

Whatever.

Then, I kind of got a second wind...right in time for the cool down and the glorious, glorious words, "I hope you really, really enjoyed it, because this workout is complete."

Did you all notice that? Daniel actually turns to the camera, smirks, and utters the words, "I hope you really, really enjoyed it."

Talk about being light-headed and not thinking clearly. Daniel.

Anyway, in all seriousness #FBFamily - you are the BEST!!! For all of you who completed this challenge, a hearty, hearty congratulations from me. I have a bit better idea of what you put yourselves through...and it was absolutely no joke. Well, well done!

And for all of you who encouraged me to take part, thank you! I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. A very tired, sore, confused baby.

#AndrewComplete