E

DAY 19! Sugar Detox β€” Checking in 😊 Heading into the weekend STRONG πŸ’ͺ🏽

Day 19!

Yesterday was a crazy day, nonstop... So, I apologize for my absence in checking in for Day 18 πŸ™‚

Today is still pretty busy, but I definitely want to touch base and see how everyone is doing. Last night I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend of mine and ohhhh myyyyy goodness. I went in knowing I wouldn’t be eating cake or cupcakes. But the dessert that showed up nearly toppled my willpower. There are these frosted cookies that are popular here, and they are the softest, β€˜meltingest’ cookies ever β€” Lofthouse Frosted Sugar Cookies. You can literally smell the sugary goodness. It so pungent one whiff will have your teeth falling out.

Again... I managed to deny deny deny, but I was reminded of how just how powerful sugar can be on the senses 😍 I did end up eating a few butter mints which I’m SURE were heavily spiked with sugar, BUT I noticed that after I ate them I had no craving and eventually I forgot about the cookies. I’m wondering if this is what moderation will feel like. Where you might dip into something sweet but there’s no craving or obsessive thoughts about how to get more of it as quickly as possible.

Anyway, the baby shower was a blast and I’m glad I was able to fully participate in the joy without supplementing with treats, like I used to do.

I hope you’re heading into the weekend with a smile on your face! πŸ™‚πŸ˜