Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Eat Real Food - A Story and Question

Okay, I saw Callie's post (uhhh, rant) about food...and all the great, thoughtful responses. Thanks, Callie! Thanks, #fbfamily!

Personally, I just think it's soooo important to be able to talk to one another about things like this, share information (and advice), and all do better about trying to #eatrealfood and stay positive.

So, instead of jumping into a conversation that is well on it's way, I've decided the way I can "help" is to tell a funny, positive (to me anyway) food story from last night.

So, here goes...

Last night was a typical night in our household whenever my #chefinthemaking wife is not working.

She scours recipes, looks at what ingredients we have on hand, and comes up with some dinner ideas - then asks for my input. My input, as you might have picked up on, is very rarely much help.

“Do you want Pad Thai with tofu or Thai Curry with shrimp for dinner?”

That simple question was met with various tricks to buy #AndrewComplete a bit more time, as he couldn't make up his mind.

“I don’t know, which one do you want?”

Didn’t work.

“Which one is easier?”

Didn’t work.

“Which ingredients need to be used up?”

Didn’t work.

“Really, you don’t have a preference?”

My #chefinthemaking saw right through all of that and eventually just gave a bit of a sigh, shook her head, rolled her eyes, and returned to the kitchen having received zero help from her husband.

I did help, however, when this bowl of #eatrealfood goodness came out.

Anyone else have problems getting help from family when it comes to figuring out what to make for dinner?