C
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

A food rant.

Hi FB Family!

So I’ve been reading some post here about food related stuff, and just wanted to share something I’ve been thinking about lately.

I was reading EJ’s post about sugar in other countries, and Ramona’s post about ethnic foods, and I tend to wonder if a lot of foods are better in other countries! I think food in the US has been so processed, pasteurized, grown with all sorts of chemicals; like how is some of it even food?! Sometimes I just get to thinking about how when you go to the store, and everything has to say “non, non, non... no, no, no,” of every weird thing to be considered “real”or “healthy.” Even produce! All the sprays, and things they do to the seeds ect. And dairy, too! We talk about eating raw, fresh, organic, real, unprocessed foods; (right there. Lots of terms.) but what about milk? I don’t think other countries are pasteurizing, and homogenizing their dairy products. I think it’s no wonder there’s all these allergies to dairy products, but that’s a whole other post for another time. Maybe other countries have ways of processing their foods, but it sure dosen’t seem like a lot of them have the food related health problems like we do in the US. I’m like why can’t there just be FOOD?! Food like food was meant to be! Food like it’s been eaten by our ancestors for thousands of years! Why do we have all these words all over packages telling us that it’s supposedly ok to eat? Even some of the healthy things that are made out of real food (supposedly) have like absolutely no nutrients in them. Quick E.g. Green chili’s are high in vitamin c, but here this jar of “non gmo”, “organic”, “whatever” that used to say 120% vitamin c now says 2% potassium. That’s it. Like seriously, what happened?! (True story.)

Yeah, I definitely like going out to eat, and having this or that food, but the more I eat what my body was created to eat (as best I can living in the city, and not really able to grow my own food.) I don’t really crave that stuff, and it gets frustrating to me how ...I don’t know what word to call it; just how messed up a lot of the food, and what’s happened agriculturally to food in this country. I’m not saying I know everything, and I don’t. I have a lot to learn in this area, before I can really give an educated talk about this. It’s just something I’ve been thinking about, and seeing some of y’all’s posts; I just felt like sharing.

I’d love to hear y’all think about this subject. Sorry for the random rant!