Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Homemade chocolates!

There's this chocolate place a bit of a distance from my house called Pierres Chocolates that makes insanely amazing chocolates. Of course, I always like to make my homemade versions so that I know there isn't any weird ingredient/color chemical/etc. So, I tried to recreate coconut truffles and turtles! They turned out awesome, the coconut ones I've made before. Because I keep them in the fridge (otherwise they melt a bit) they do get a bit hard but still delicious. The turtles (nuts covered in caramel and chocolate) turned out softer than intended, kinda pillowy and marshmallows, but still sweet and used with dates!

You can make almost anything at home and be sure you're eating good stuff. Even the men in my house approved of these chocolates!!!!

I also just made plain coconut balls for those days that I just crave coconut (happens more frequently now, anyone else?)

Have you guys tried any fancy new recipes recently?

PS. My knee is a bit better but not 100%. I have an appointment this Thursday but still get my workout in, careful not to overwork it! I did rest a lot this weekend and did simple strengthening exercises. Fingers crossed for easy recovery and good news ☺