M

Post-holiday rant

Hello FB Family! Hope you are all doing well!

Back from holidays a week ago and finally finding some time to select a couple of photos. (jumped directly into loads of work the moment we were back...)

We spent almost three weeks on the Dolomites, in Alta Badia in South Tyrol, with long mountain tours (mostly hiking, a little climbing, elevation differences per day-tour ~ 600 - 1000 m, maximum altitude reached: 3152 m), great food, wine and beer! The days flew right by and it felt far too short...

Some praise where praise is due: I was pretty sure I'd be able to notice the improvement in fitness level from FB workouts during hiking, but the experience exceeded my expectations. Amazing endurance and cardiovascular/respiratory performance, plus, feeling the muscles deliver as they ought to when going down steep slopes or pulling oneself up the rock gives a great feeling of security. I often struggled with feeling unsure in the past, so this helped me to enjoy the hikes even more this time. Really felt like I was experiencing the mountain anew, and this is for me the best motivation to keep training. Many thanks Kelli and Daniel for making all this possible!

The photos show views of the Fanes massif (top) as seen from the meadows above the old Wengen (La Val) village, and the Sella Group (bottom) as seen from the path up to Sassongher Mt.

Wishing everyone a great day!