E

DAY 12 Sugar Detox: Targetting the forgotten glute — medius

DAY TWELVE 🎉

We are headed close to the end of week 2 and I’m proud and encouraged by the victories y’all have shared so far. Today, I want to know more about your fitness goals. I trained legs and glutes this morning, and every step is reminding of the work I put in. One specific goal I have is to target the gluteus medius (side glutes). So, I’ve taken to doing a “preworkout” for medius muscles before my main workout with FB — 2 rounds of 8 moves, 12 reps. These are Pilates-type moves with resistance bands and ankle weights. Preworkout has revolutionized legs/glutes day! My outer glutes are activated, primarily, as well as the rest of my lower body, secondarily. My main workout is more intense and when I’m finished my entire lower body feels like it’s been worked equally. I’ve never felt like the medius got a good burn before starting this activation process. I’ve included my preworkout in today’s collage 🙂

Obviously, everyone has different goals for certain body parts, and I’m curious what yours are!

Keep up the good fight, we’re nearing our halfway point! 🙂💐