Daily Check-in: Thursday, August 2nd

Hello Blenders!

Sorry the check in is late this morning! It's been a crazy day already! Phew (is it over yet?). Haha

So how are you guys doing today? Are you sore from yesterday's workout? Or maybe energetic from a rest day?

And are you working out today, or resting?

My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D is gonna be some kickboxing and upper body work with Daniel:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/intense-hiit-cardio-kickboxing-and-upper-body-strength-workout

I think I will very much need this today.

Do you know what else is occurring this evening?! It's the Hall of Fame Game, which means NFL Preseason starts, which means (American) Football is back!! AHH I'm so excited!

You'll find over the course of the next several months that I am a die-hard Seahawks fan. I bleed Blue & Green, baby. (Don't worry, I won't flood the check-ins with too much football talk. lol)

#12thMan #GoHawks #SEA

One of the reasons I bring this up is also a motivation factor. I know, seems weird, but hear me out. So the Seattle Seahawks drafted two identical twin brothers, Shaquill and Shaquem Griffin (Shaquill was drafted last year, and Shaquem was drafted this year) to play for them, which is cool in and of itself. However, Shaquem only has one hand. His hand was amputated at a very young age as a result of amniotic band syndrome. So he is the first ever one-handed person to be drafted in the NFL and to play in the NFL.

I mean, in a sport where your hands are very important, it's just beyond amazing to me that he never let it stop him, and that he goes out every day in practice and gives it his all! I mean, this kid can play!

So we talk about motivation in different ways, here's another way that helps to keep me motivated. Seeing someone who doesn't let anything get in the way of their dreams, just makes me realize that I need to stop making excuses, and start getting things done!

So a random tangent for today. I won't berate you all with football stories every day, I promise! lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to our Workout Party next week! I hope you all are too, and I hope you can join us (it's aimed at being next weekend August 10-12 with the newest 1000 Calorie Workout celebrating 5 million subscribers!)

And what's on the menu for you guys today?

I think I'm gonna make some kind of stir-fry or fried rice for dinner.

Well Blenders, I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks for checking in!