Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Finally ready to get healthy again?

From mid 2014 to the end of 2015, I lost 140 pounds. In the last year and a half, I gained 25 pounds back, and have just generally been feeling unhealthy and in a low place, mentally. I've tried and failed many times to get back on track, but I realized my mistake was focusing just on weight. While, yes, I want to lose weight, what I miss the most is just feeling healthy and strong.

So here I am, setting goals and feeling motivated, and hoping this time it sticks.

My goals:

daily morning walks

strength training 3x a week

eating more whole food based

I'm on day 3, and I feel good! Starting my day off with a walk each morning definitely helps set the tone for the day, and I'm eating really really simply - this girl gets super lazy if I'm required to cook every day, lol! I have weight loss goals, too, but I'm setting small, attainable goals. I have to keep reminding myself, I've been on a weight loss journey before, and this time, it's much more manageable.

My main goal is to just feel healthy and confident, again. Would I like to lose the weight I gained and then a few more to get to an even healthier weight? Yes. Would I like to feel more confident in jeans and crop tops without as much of a visible belly outline? Yes. But I just want to feel healthy, and I haven't in quite some time, mentally or physically. And just these few days of walks and workouts and real food have reminded me of how good exercise and good nutrition is for my mental health, too.

To be honest, now that I've gotten to this point in my post, I'm not entirely sure what the point actually is, lol! Accountability, I guess? Trying to find a sense of community somewhere, maybe. Just writing it all out seems to help.

Anyways, how are y'all doing?! :) I'm planning a family lunch date on Sunday for a burger and a shake to motivate me to stay on track through the week, because everything in moderation, right?!