Daily Check-in: Wednesday, August 1st

Happy First Day of August Blenders!

How are you all doing today? Are you working out today, or are you resting?

Ok, so we have results from yesterday's check-in for our Workout Party! It looks like most of you would like to have a weekend 1000 Calorie Workout marathon (Friday-Sunday) and the winning 1000 Calorie Workout is the most recent one for K & D celebrating 5 million subscribers!

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-total-body-strength-core-workout-1000-calorie-workout-for-5-million-subs

I was thinking next weekend (August 10-12) so it would give everyone plenty of time to plan ahead if they are busy, or in the middle of a program?

So the idea is that we all complete a 1000 Calorie Workout "together" over the course of the weekend, and maybe celebrate our accomplishments by posting a picture of a thumbs up, an arm flex, a sweaty shirt, or anything that shows you got your Workout Complete (or no picture at all if you would prefer! Just a post is great too!). And title your post with "1000 Calorie #WorkoutCompleteForK&D". How does all that sound to you guys?

Also, a few disclaimers. If you are unable to partake in a 1000 Calorie Workout over the course of the weekend, no worries! There's different options: you can either do it during the week, or split it up into several different workouts all week long.

And if you're a beginner: don't fret, you can modify just about everything, and split the workouts up into smaller, more manageable workouts for yourself. (And if you're totally uncomfortable with a 1000 Calorie Workout, then please, find a workout that you would feel more comfortable doing, and join us anyway! This is meant to be fun and something we all do as a way to show K & D that we're working out for them next week/weekend!)

And if you're in the middle of a program, but want to still join in on the 1000 Calorie Workout Party, here's what I would do (this is all just a suggestion based on my personal opinion, so please don't think you HAVE to do it this way!): I would make sure that I had a rest day before and after the 1000 Calorie Workout. So almost "pause" your program for about 3 days (or more if the 1000 Calorie Workout makes you really sore) in order to avoid over-training. Then resume your program from where you left off. Again, that's just what I would do personally, so please, do what works best for you so that you won't be over-training or potentially injuring yourself.

As for myself personally, I plan to do the whole workout at once either on Friday (August 10) or Saturday (August 11).

Ok, so, if there's anymore questions or concerns or advice you guys want to offer me, or anyone else who's gonna be a part of our Workout Party, then please speak up! I love hearing what you guys have to say about all this!

Alright, Blenders back to today! My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D is gonna be an active rest day with this flexibility routine:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/3-day-flexibility-challenge-day-1-fluid-full-body-stretches-for-flexibility-and-stress-relief

I love this video--I always feel so relaxed after completing it!

What about you guys? What do you have planned for today?

And I haven't talked about food in a couple days!! I mean, who am I even?! So on the menu today chicken fajitas! Yay! I'm so excited!

What about you guys? Whatcha eatin today?

Well Blenders, I hope you all have a wonderful day, and thanks for checking in!