E

Feeling a litt

Hello fellow Blenders!

Since starting my fitness journey in February, I've found it very hard to allow myself unscheduled rest days or time off between workout programs. I'm someone who's unfortunately very "all or nothing" and therefore I find myself feeling really down and defeated when I feel like I haven't done enough. I'm almost done with FB Burn (only three days left) but unfortunately I've seemed to come down with some sort of cold/flu that's really knocked me off my feet. I managed to complete today's workout which happened to just be arms (no cardio involved), but if tomorrow is anything like today, I find it hard to believe I'll be able to get through the forty minute HIIT routine that's scheduled.

So, my question for all of you is: how do you make yourself feel okay about taking an extra day of rest or some time off when you're not feeling your best? When I started with FB back at the beginning of the year, I did FB30 followed by a few weeks of scheduling my own stuff, then FB Strong, and now Burn. I've pretty much worked out 5-6 days a week for the past five months, so now I seem to be really struggling with feeling okay with taking a break. I know my body needs rest and relaxation in order to get better, but the anxiety I'm already feeling about potentially missing tomorrow's workout is really bumming me out. Working out doesn't feel like a chore at all anymore, but this constant need to stick with my routine has made it so that I genuinely cannot skip a workout, even if my body really needs an extra day of rest.

So, any tips on how I could push through this feeling and reassure myself that taking a day or two off here and there is okay? I've always wanted to use exercise as a way to relieve stress and anxiety, but right now it just seems like it's causing more!

Thank you, and I hope you all had a good, productive day!