E

DAY 9 Sugar Detox — Determined to persevere past low emotions 🥀

Most of my past failures in health and fitness have been related to anxiety and poor stress management. This summer (in Texas USA), I resolved that I wanted to build better coping mechanisms and I didn’t want anxiety and stress derailing my goals and progress — both fitness and non fitness. This desire led me to embark on a sugar detox bc I was heavily dependent on sugar to improve my mood and alleviate my anxiety (also binge-watching television/Netflix/Amazon Prime — which was part of the detox, and I have successfully overcome this summer, as well). My workout consistency usually faded away bc working out required too much mental energy and focus; time and time again I couldn’t manage to let go of my anxiety long enough to jump into a workout (even though I knew it would work wonders for my mental state).

Today, I am feeling especially low bc I am a recent college graduate who cannot find a job. I have a decent work history and useful skills (I schooled right out of HS, left and worked, and went back to school); I’m smart, and I have an intense work ethic, BUT despite the countless resumes I’ve sent out and job sites I’ve applied on, I’ve not received one call for an interview. I keep busy around the house: keeping my spaces tidy, reading, listening to podcasts, studying for grad school exam, writing, but there are days when I just want to give in to my low feelings and stuff my face with sugar and TV 😂😕. I know, though, where this leads... Unhappiness, shame, weight gain, separation anxiety, and back to the same emotions that led me there at the start .

Resolving to push forward, keep the faith, and stay positive in spite of my worries, I popped out of bed this AM and set straight to working out/ 1.5 hours of HIIT + glutes (K&D chose today — of all days — to schedule a 60m routine! Lol). I am still worried and feel stress, but I am not in a low place, mentally. I know that everything will be okay and I have to persevere.

I know this is a long sad story 😂 but I wanted to share it bc:

1) you’re part of my community and it helps to be vulnerable sometimes — especially since it is so closely related to fitness and wellness

2) it reminds others that I am human and while I’m trying to kick butt at my goals, it is NOT always easy and there are things behind the scenes that I’m battling, just like you 🙂

3) to encourage you, if you are having low feelings and/or feeling tempted, that we are in this together. I am choosing to think positively and maintain faith instead of the temporary satisfaction of bingeing.

I hope this transparency doesn’t make y’all feel to uncomfortable. I am typically a very private person, I do believe this is the place to have these types of sharing and discussions. Especially when you’re leading people (as I am you, in a way), I think there are times to be vulnerable and transparent.

🗣 We are FREE, Blenders! 🦅💐