Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Thighs getting bigger after starting to work out

hey guys,

I am new here and I would like to say just how wonderful this channel is. Free workouts and advises, which are adequate and actually help people. Thank you for that.

Now what I would like to talk about is thighs getting bigger after starting to work out.

I started working out, because I was not happy with just going jogging 3 times a week around 30-40min. I didn’t reach the lean and strong muscles I wanted to. I started jogging when I was 16 and now I am 29 and unfortunately, all my body did was to accommodate to the cardio. My thighs were slim, but ugly, not lean, covered in fat – you get the idea.

Since I was very unhappy with my thighs and I thought, maybe I need to add something else to my cardio, something like strength training.

And so, by quiescence, I found FitnessBlender. And oh my gosh, I love to working out with weights and Pilates and I even dropped my jogging and do cardio only with FB.

I am working out now since March (2018) and my thighs got so much bigger and I am really unhappy with that, I noticed that I am also not loosing any fat and I am frustrated and I think I do something wrong.

In the beginning I worked out with FB 6 times a week for 1h30min now, I work 5 times a week for around 1h. I try to eat clean, I have never eaten processed food and I cook very often, otherwise I eat bread with stuff on it.

I read so many times, that there is a period, where when you start working out, you build up muscles but still have the fat around them. It takes time to burn that fat and “free” the muscles from it.

I would like some advice from you guys, I am really scared, I never loved my thighs, they were never lean and muscled, I have a lot of “defects” on them, but they were much slimmer before I started working out! I would like to know, did some of you experienced that? Did the fat go away eventually? What can I do to slim them down again?

Thank you so much!

Vera F.