Update: Biking to/from work, new job and strength training

It's been a couple weeks now since I started my new job, and I'm loving that I'm doing what I went to school for. I'm starting to feel comfortable around my new coworkers and learning lots.

I've been biking to and from work, and its farther than my previous job (which was approx 12kms a day), with more hills. I'm now biking approx 19kms a day, 4-5 days a week (I'm scheduled for 4 days a week during the summer but have the option to work a 5th day if needed, and in Sept its back to 5 days a week), as well as strength training when I get home from work. I've been working overtime this past week and still managed to get my workouts done in the evening.

There is progress being made. I feel stronger, my time to and from work is getting better, I'm making it up the hills that I generally walk my bike up. And I've been making gains during my strength training - lifting heavier and with more focus each time I work that muscle group again. I don't weigh myself and I don't spend much time in the mirror, but I can feel my core balance getting better. I'm not paying any attention on weight or appearance, just strength and how I feel.

With doing a bit more than I was a month ago, I'm unsure why it felt like I was overtraining when I was working my previous job... I struggled to get workouts completed and I didn't want to do them, but I was very stressed out so that might be it. Now I look forward to coming home and getting a video in, even if I am leaving work at 6pm (after arriving at 7:30am!).

My healthy eating is starting to rub off on my new coworkers and we're doing a 30 day fitness/health challenge starting August 1st.

So, yep, gotta say I think I'm much happier than I was a month ago. :)