Non-scale milestone to celebrate! (this one’s for the ladies)

Hi there! I’m celebrating the completion of my second FB program (FB30 rd 2), which is exciting in and of itself. But what I’m really excited about is something I noticed the last couple of days in starting FB Flex/FB Booty.

Ladies, I am probably not the only one who has wrestled with (cough. cough) stress incontinence. I’m in my late 40s, I’ve struggled with my weight over the years, and I also have chronic asthma, which has resulted in periods of really severe coughing fits, especially when I had a cold. Together those have all contributed to bouts of stress incontinence and in the last couple of years it’s been quite bad. I had consulted with a urologist about having that surgery to get a mesh insert, but I had heard some scary stories PLUS my doctor wasn’t sure it would be as effective given my asthma.

Anyway, when I started working out with FB - a little bit in low impact program and then more so with FB30, it meant that certain exercises caused the problem - especially jumping jacks. I would modify them a bit or try to cross my legs or what have you. Not fun!

Then last night, I was doing the usual warmup before day 1 of FB Flex and I noticed that I wasn’t having issues with the jumping jacks. I figured it was a fluke. But I noticed the same thing this morning. When I was doing the warmup for day 1 of FB Booty 2 (yikes - tough workout!!), no problems!!

I’m hoping this is the start of a trend and not just a fluke b/c of dehydration during hot weather. But I’m feeling optimistic. I think it’s a combination of a bit of weight loss and strengthened pelvic floor muscles thanks to all those darn bridges.

It wa a great start to the day!