C

Squat challenges.

So today was lower body day, and I was sooo undecided of what to do. I had all sorts of ideas. I wanted to do some more strength training exercises, some cardio, not Pilates this time; but it was taking too long to choose and get it done. I finally decided on the two squat challenges. I had another 10 min squat video planned too, but I ended up just doing these two. With warm up and cool this was a nice 30 min workout! I’ve never done these before, but I loved it! I’m feeling good getting back to the higher intensity things, and I’m having a lot of fun just using bodyweight to focus on being aware of what I’m doing, and “re-practice” good form!

Today reminded me of what Kelli said about cherishing your body, and what it can do whenever you can do it. (I feel like I think of her vlog/blog, and what she said every time I workout now.) I never cared much about squats, but I’m loving doing them right now! (I mean, it’s not that I didn’t care, but I guess I didn’t really think to appreciate doing them and being able to!) Lately I’ve been thinking about what I did before I got sick, and actually realizing how much I took for granted; or the things I was annoyed about that I couldn’t do, change ect. I’m like: “Wow. I should’ve been more thankful for (fill in the blank), because that’s actually really good what I was doing!” I think being really sick, and hearing D&K’s story has really put things into perspective, and taught me things I didn’t know I needed to learn. Now, during my workouts lately I’m noticing that I’m so much more aware of what all I can do that I didn’t really pay attention to before, and it’s really making me feel appreciative and content! (I’m feeling happy, can’t you tell?) 😊😂

Anyway, sorry for another long post. I know I’ve mentioned this stuff before, but I just felt like sharing. #WorkoutComplete💙ForK&D

Oh, and if you want a sore butt, I did these 2 routines the other day and... I had a sore butt. And hamstrings. My chest and shoulders were really sore, too come to think of it. So yeah. Good videos. 😂👍🏻

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/pilates-workout-for-lean-legs-and-toned-core

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/pilates-butt-and-thigh-workout-for-a-round-butt