E

DAY ONE Sugar Detox Challenge: storytime + support

How Subway conspired to sabotage my sugar detox 🤨

I’d ordered my sandwich and slid into a booth, ready to devour my prey. Before doing so, per custom, I looked over my receipt. Second on the list was one COOKIE for .69! Hmm, while I had looked over the cookies with interest (especially the macadamia nut), I knew I had not ordered one. Of course, if you pay for something you did not receive you either collect the item or the refund.

An internal conflict ensued. I could break 32 days sugar treat-free for one l’il ole cookie, couldn’t I? I had done well! I had succeeded! But, I knew that I was still rehabilitating my sugar dependence and habits; I was just beginning to feel the security of my new habits, and the momentum of my commitment to a second round of detox.

I sat contemplating for the remainder of my meal... Then, with decisive defiance, I crumbled up the receipt and tossed it in the trash! Yes, I forewent collecting what was due to me (cookie or money), but here is my thought process:

I had already said “no” once, and confronting the cookies again, combined with the possibility that the cashier might coerce me into taking the cookie, and possibly offer me another because of the error (this has happened to me multiple times), I chose the clean-cut route.

All in all, I was incredibly amused by this event, and wanted to share it because sometimes temptation pops up out of nowhere, and it feels almost like a conspiracy 😂

BLENDERS! You’ve got this!

Today is DAY ONE. I can testify that the next 30 days will change your life, mind, and body. I’m so excited to continue my detox journey with you, and to see some of your starting and continuing your own!

Would love to hear your stories of temptation! 😊