Daily Check-in: Thursday, July 19th

Hello Blenders!

I finally got my PFT done yesterday! Whoo! I hope you don't mind me sharing the results with you!

So I know Strong doesn't require you to do a PFT, but I was curious at the change that would occur with completing the program. And I'm kind of shocked, really! What I'm most amazed by is how much my cardio ability improved, and how much my flexibility improved (I did the sit and reach twice because I thought "No way is that right!"). So if you think that by doing Strong you'll somehow lose stamina or cardiovascular ability, don't worry about it! I mean, if a non-runner like me can shave 30 seconds off a mile while mostly strength training, then I don't think you have anything to worry about in regards to losing stamina or endurance.

With my June PFT results, I was over-training. So I started Strong to avoid that. It's kind of incredible to see how much the over-training was actually holding me back. More is not better!

Another cool thing was that when I did my mile run way back in June, I had to wear this big ol' honkin' knee brace in order to do it. But yesterday? I don't need no stinkin' knee brace! Ha ha. So that was neat.

All-in-all, if you're on the fence about getting Strong, I highly recommend getting it. And I recommend doing a PFT before and after (even though it isn't required) just to see how your body responds to the strength training (it's totally optional though!). Also, don't think that there isn't any cardio whatsoever in Strong either. Several days have short (less than 10 minutes) HIIT workouts included, or the weight training is so fast paced that extra cardio isn't really necessary. And definitely take before and after pictures too! You might not see the difference for yourself, but the pictures really help with that!

So there's my review/results from Strong. Let me know if you guys decide to give it a try, and if you plan on doing a PFT too! I'd love to hear about your results!

Ok, so how are you today Blenders? Is today a workout day or rest day for you?

My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D is the #ProgramComplete for Strong, and a rest day today! I'm actually quite sore from yesterday's PFT lol.

As for food; several of you have talked about making couscous lately, so I bit the bullet, and am going to make a Greek chicken couscous bowl! I'm excited! And thanks for reminding me about couscous and all it's deliciousness!

So what's on the menu for you today Blenders?

(Oh, and Andrew, I have no #husbandofKim updates today. He was sore and took a rest day yesterday. All I got out of him was that he was a "grumpy ballerina" due to being sore, and having a rough day at work. I don't know why he's a ballerina now, but whatever. He's a weird dude lol)

Well Blenders, thank you for reading all my rambling today, and I hope you all have a wonderful day! And as always, thanks for checking in!