Let's Discuss the Issues with LOVE ISLAND }:(

To start off, I get that is a 'reality' show and should probably be taken with the pinch of salt it deserves.

But it's popular and has quite a far-reaching influence. Even winning a BAFTA! I've talked to people in my family/work but a lot of them feel it's just 'light entertainment' and don't see the issues I see.

Though I did read a couple of news articles claiming it to be doing more than good.

Let's discuss! Please feel free to join and add your own thoughts! I felt this was the best place to talk since you guys are all so body positive and 'keepin' it real'!

1- The contestants claim to be 'regular' people with normal jobs, money, lives. All of them have had extensive work done, multiple surgeries, work out extensively. They are all tan, with big boobs, butt, lips and there is hardly any diversity in ethnicity. No diversity in appearance either!

2- The ads in between parts of the show are disgraceful. Cosmetic surgery ads, weight loss, beauty products!

3- Allegedly this show represents dating/sex in the modern world. If this is what it's like- I'll just stay single thanks. Already, some people have been talking online about the petty behaviour, using of people and maltreatment between contestants. Plus, not everyone is comfortable getting intimate with a new girlfriend/boyfriend so quickly.

I could mention more but to me, this show is harmful and perpetuates the beauty standards and idea that all young people are willing to try everything and anything.

What are your thoughts?