K

Negativity from loved ones

Do you guys get much negativity from your family about your workouts? This is an actual transcript of a conversation with my mum

Me: What time will that cake be ready, I was planning on going home and working out later

Mum: Not til 7ish

Me: Oh, I'll wait for the cake and take today as an extra rest day then

Mum: Do you want to use my cross trainer for a bit instead

Me; (Checks fitbit) yeah, I've not done much today, it wouldn't hurt to get a few extra steps in, i'll just do five minutes

Mum: You're sounding obsessed again, love. I'm not sure your attitude to fitness is healthy!

I work out 3- 5 times a week, usually only for around 30 minutes a time and I walk the dog every day. I will happily drop workouts if I have a busy week and take a week off 3 or 4 times a year. My Mum on the other hand does no exercise and is overweight. I pointed out (politely) that it was her attitude to fitness that was unhealthy, not mine. I know it comes from a place of love and concern but it is frustrating. I expected some negativity when I first started working out but it has been 6 years of consistent workouts now and the comments haven't stopped. Does anyone else have this issue?