Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

When people can't understand binge eating

I have suffered and am suffering from binge eating. I have had up and down during last two years. Before I couldn't undestand the problem, I even didn't think about It as a problem. With time I have become aware how It was influencing my Life and I am fighting against It and giving my best. It's hard. When I was in the worst period of binge eating I talked about It to my boyfriend. I thought he could undestand and help me. But he didn't. Since then he has been worrying about my weight. He is afraid if he sees me eating something more, he is scared if I say I'm hungry. I'm doing my best to have an healthy lifestyle and to not being obsessive. He isn't helping me. He only worries about my weight not about my mental health. He can't undestand what fighting binge requires. I prefer being some kilos more and being healthy than being light and having a disorder. Sorry for my long post. But it's difficult fighting against myself and against what others think about me cause they can't undestand. Binge is not eating crap or a bit too much. It's something deeper. He couldn't undestand and I stupidily believed he could help me. I'm so sad in this moment.