Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

FRUSTRATED: Lost 20lbs...want to lose another 20....hit a plateau

Man! I'm struggling over here.

In the past two years I've lost just about 20lbs (192lbs to 172lb at 5'9"). I wasn't doing FB yet, just cardio stuff at the gym and getting my eating under control. Went through ups and downs, but about the 2-2.5 year mark I've made progress.

The problem is for the past 3-4 months, those last 15-20lbs are not coming off. I've been working on with FB consistently for 3 months. 30-60 minutes/day, strength, cardio, HITT, etc. My diet is pretty dang clean (not perfect, but 80%), and I'm consistently at about 1800 calories.

I was consuming less calories than that for awhile, but I think I was under-eating and not losing anything. So I upped my calorie intake to 1800. I've been there for 3 months or so, and eating really well for about 6 months. Definitely haven't gained weight, but the downward trend is like less than a pound a month. Also...no significant change in my measurements. Yes I do feel endurance and strength gains, but my look and scale aren't changing.

I will say, the first time I went to start losing weight I didn't see any changes for 6 weeks, then at week 6 I lost 7 lbs. But I'm a lot farther in than that.

Maybe I just need to stick with it, or maybe there's a way to jump start the weight loss again. Just gets discouraging so I need some FB family love over here!