Two year old Personal Trainers are the WORST!

And I thought D&K's workouts were tough...

During our vacation we decided to hike through the forest. Haven't been working out too much during vacation and got a bit of that cold turkey feeling, so I picked a nice family friendly hiking route for us and our two toddlers.

Once we arrived at the starting point it became clear this was anything but suitable for our 2,5 y/o kids. We were supposed to climb over and crawl under fallen trees, climb stairs made from tree trunks, hop from stone to stone etc etc. We put our kids in carriers on our backs and started the hike.

Our kids quickly got into Personal Trainer mode. I told the one on my back that I saw a fallen tree on our path. "Climb over that one, mommy!" "There's no need to honey, I can easily walk around i-" "Noooooooooo, climb OVER it, mommy!" "But..." "Over! C'mon! You can do it!" I sighed, "alright, first let me put you on the ground." "No. I stay on your back. It's fun!" So like the enthusiastic, cold turkey, FB-virus infected mom I was I climbed that tree (and many others) for the extra workout and the happy kid on my back (and because it was actually mad fun to do this).

And while I kept taking harder routes than really necessary the unrelenting PT on my back kept trying to motivate me for almost two hours, using all-too familiar phrases like "noooooo, you can't stop HERE," "chop, chop," "what's taking you so long," and "go go GO, we're doing this!" Phrases that, I should add, will no longer be used when trying to get two toddlers to hurry up when we're on a tight schedule 😉 Little kid's feet were even kicking my sides when my little breaks in between took too long. "Moooooooom, let's go!"

At the end I did earn a "good job" AND a good workout! Although my toddler just couldn't resist mumbling something about daddy being muuuuuch better at hiking... While HE took the easier route. Grrrrr... #workoutcomplete

Now back to K&D workouts again, phew! 😊