How long did it take you to built a routine for good? Without struggling. Is it possible? .

Hello team FB :X

I'll try to keep it short.

I started working out more seriously since Nov17. In that period i finished consistently 2 programs (sweat-nov/dec and strong-april). Rest of the period months i wasn't super consistent (working out 2-3 times some weeks and rescheduling programs etc etc). I also had 3 weekly breaks.

I had my peak after finishing FB Strong both mentally and physically and was super super motivated to keep it up.

But after that i slowly started mixing my old lazier lifestyle in. I lost motivation. June is the first month since November with 0 workout completes.

I want to workout so much. I imagine it all the time, but.... i just don't get my lazy ass up to go for it.

I'm just wondering is there some sort of time threshold like if you are consistent for 6 months or 1 year or whatever, that it gets easier? It becomes more of a routine rather than trying to stay motivated and push yourself?

I know me and i know that i give up easily, i find excuses etc etc. Is this a common struggle? Is it purely a character based thing? So i need to work on that area?

I have a friend that works out consistently for over a year now and says i should never let more than 48hrs go without workout, because the "lazyness" cripples up on you. But i damn hate it to force myself do something just because . It's like my mind rebels.

But i'm starting to think that it makes sense you know. Taking breaks for other than health reasons, makes it really hard to get back to it mentally.

Anyway. Today i was super determined&excited to wake up and workout before work. I didn't. Now (@work) I'm super determined&excited to workout as soon as i get home.

But that's how all my days been last month. Lol on me :X