Reaching my Goal Weight

Reaching a ‘goal weight’ was never a priority when starting my fitness journey. I had an ideal number in mind, but it’s not what motivated me. I was tired of looking in the mirror and seeing someone I did not recognize. I was certainly tired of feeling like crap every single day and feeling sorry for myself. I have always been on the lean side, but college took a major toll on my health (both mental and physical). My anxiety was at an all time high, stressed and exhausted. I was not making healthy choices in terms of my diet, because I was never really home. This went on for about 2 and a half years.

I started working out in March of 2017, a few months before graduating college. I cycle 4-5 times a week for about a year and lost 30lbs. I needed to find something that I could enjoy, and that was cycle. Off to a great start, but after a year my body and mind had different ideas. I lost all this weight, but I felt weak. I was ready to move forward in my training.

I started Fitness Blender March of this year. I’ve used their programs in the past, but I was always in a place of ‘quick results, nothing is working, woe is me, quit.’ To back track a bit, I started cycling because I wanted to do things my way. I needed to find something I enjoyed doing, and had the motivation to do. Classes gave me structure and held me accountable. I told myself that this time needed to be different, that this was a lifestyle change and not a phase. If I had jumped right into weight training, I probably wouldn’t be where I am today. I wanted to take my time with this and I didn’t care how long it would take to reach my goal. I believe this mentality is what set me up for success; I was in no rush. Eventually I felt it was time to move on and challenge myself, so I went back to Fitness Blender!

I started with both FB Sweat programs because I love HIIT and wasn’t really interested in strength training at this point. After two months of that I realized I needed strength training, and purchased that program along with FB Abs. In the 4 months since started FB I have lost an additional 15 lbs and gained self-confidence I never had.

I never forced myself into anything. I did what worked for me until I was mentally and physically ready to move forward in my training. This journey has been incredibly difficult to say the least. I have/had days where quitting seemed like a better option than working out. I’ve cried midway through workouts because my body wasn’t doing what I needed it to. I’ve experienced failure, defeat, joy, accomplishment, and pride. I still have days where I skip workouts because I’m too tired, or days where I make unhealthy food choices (ladies, you know)! At the end of the day I always go back to eating healthy and working out. Changing your lifestyle is never easy, and admitting it is something you need to do is most challenging. In the end it was the best decision I ever made, because the reward is so worth it. I am happy again, my anxiety is manageable and I have gained confidence. I

Thank you so much Daniel and Kelli. You inspire so many of us with your continued hard-work and dedication to FB. We truly appreciate and respect your raw and real content; it keeps us going!

P.s. - For anyone wondering, my Fiancé and I meal prep every Sunday. We eat CLEAN, no special diet restrictions or anything. We still enjoy going out to eat on weekends, but 5-6 days out of the week our meals or prepared at home. We try to keep it simple, but my Fiancé enjoys to cook and that can be challenging!

Also, you’ll notice the picture on the right is from 2 years ago, and nothing from 2017. I’d say that picture was at my heaviest. It wasn’t until this year that I really started noticing changes in my body (honestly, when I started FB everything changed for me).