Having major surgery in 2.5 weeks...nervous about fitness recovery.

Hi all..

I'm going to be quite open and say that I'm having a preventative mastectomy (with reconstruction) in 2.5weeks time (which only just got confirmed).

By that point I'll have spent 2 months improving my strength and fitness with FB and I'm so proud of how I feel, what I've accomplished and the fact that I've stuck to this regime for so long and *really* enjoy it 😊

I suppose I'm nervous about how long fitness recovery will take. I'm a violinist so not only will I be trying to recover my arm movement asap, but will also obviously want to slowly catch up with my fitness again when I'm ready.

I know it's SUPER important that I don't do anything too soon - I'm not allowed to lift a thing for around 2 weeks anyway, then take things slow.

I know Kelli is going through something more difficult as she doesn't have a clear time line for recovery, and I guess I don't either until I have the surgery and know how it's all going. Watching her video again and reading comments telling her that OF COURSE she'll get back to it when she's ready, have been helpful.

I suppose I'm venting my worries here, but also wondering how others did with post-surgery fitness recovery, or which videos you started with when you were ready to move more.

In the meantime, I'm going to work my butt off for the next 2.5 weeks doing FB Sweat and I'll try to add some extra abs work in there on days when it's not in the program.

Thanks for listening 😊