Update on FB Low Impact (a.k.a. FB Progressive Soreness)

Hey Fellow Blenders!

Alright...so here's my latest update on FB Low Impact.

First of all, thanks again to all of you who made workout suggestions...I'm definitely gonna tackle some harder ones going forward, but FB Low Impact was definitely the right way to go as a start (well, a start again...or again-again...whatever).

Anyway, my week started well...I did my first couple of days of FB Low Impact, sweating my you-know-where off and walking around sore as all get out...but then came July 4th - on Wednesday. Argh! I couldn't resist taking the day off.

To be fair (to myself), it was my first time back in the U.S. (and my first time not working) on July 4th in something like 12 years, so I was determined to make the most of it. I did. But no work out. :(

Thursday and Friday I was back at it...still sore from Monday and Tuesday, but determined to push through. I did all of my workouts this week outside (where it's been over 100/38 pretty much every day). What was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking that my two rambunctious, high-energy Labradors would enjoy being outside with me for an extended period.

I was wrong. Both of my furry trainers abandoned me about 10 minutes in...looking at me like, "just open the door and let us in, dude...seriously, this is crazy. It's like the surface of the sun out here. We have A/C inside...and beds......and toys. You know that, right? And what is all that salty water pouring off of you? Disgusting. Weird human."

So, today is Saturday...and I'm taking another break...with a bit of yoga and stretching. I made this decision not based on my wife's advice (though she did give me exactly this advice) or from consulting Daniel and Kelli (I'm not bugging them while they are off-grid)...but after looking at the workout for Day 5 of FB Low Impact - kickboxing - I suddenly felt the need for a break.

After some yoga and stretching today, I should be able to crush that kickboxing workout tomorrow, right?

Right!