a
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

How to handle my feelings of hunger?

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking in this forum for a while and absolutely loving the community, but this is the first time I've gotten up the nerve to post. My question is about food (sorry this will probably be long).

I started using Fitness Blender programs around 8 months ago and completely fell in love with it. I previously struggled quite a bit with body image and strength training helped boost my confidence more than I can say. Unhealthy "dieting" attempts caused my weight to fluctuate for 3-ish years, but since starting these programs, it has dropped to a steady level without my actually trying to make that happen, I'm stronger than I've ever been, and I'm feeling more confident than I have in years.

Now onto the food thing--when I started using the programs, I also made a commitment to eating enough and eating healthily, and I find that I don't really crave the junk I used to eat, but I've become a big fan of vegetable-based meals! However, I just started Burn2 a few days ago and I am just so hungry. I feel like I eat a lot (3 meals plus 2-3 snacks/day...lots of vegetables/fruits, complex carbs, peanut butter, beans, eggs, and yogurt with very little junk) but I also spend a lot of time thinking about food because I feel hungry, sometimes 30 minutes after I just ate a meal. The strange thing is, I don't really crave sweets or fried things--instead, I tend to crave things like apple with peanut butter or some eggs scrambled with vegetables.

What I haven't figured out is if I should be eating more to stop feeling so hungry, or if this is just me adjusting to the workout program. I recently finished Strong, and I've definitely gained a great deal of lean muscle since starting these workouts. I know lots of people have posted similar questions, but I'm still uncertain. It's been so, so, so liberating to feel confident in my body for the first time in so many years, and eating scares me much less than it used to. However, I still have a tendency to get stressed when I feel like I'm too hungry/eating too much, and I worry about sabotaging the mental progress I've made.

So to wrap up this long-winded post, I'm wondering if I should try to eat more in my meals or wait until a little farther into the program to make that decision? Any and all opinions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)