Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Operation: Do not injure thyself again

What is worst than getting injured and having to stop working out for X amount of weeks? Doing it multiple times. I swear I do not learn my lesson. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you tell yourself to "calm the F down"?

It usually starts with me thinking I`m ready to bump up my weight before I've gotten my form situated with a lighter weight OR I`m tired and start throwing my body around/using bad form and I don`t let myself be at a lower weight while I`m in a tired state. Ugh. Either way, I have gone through a lower back/hip injury basically once every six months, for the last year or so, because I tend to get super zealous about "progressing", which ends up being a backslide. *forehead smack*.

So, here I am starting again now that my back isn't being fussy anymore. I`m going to start with the low impact program and go easy on the weights to start. Anyone else have this injury issue? Is it just me? *probably*. I am prone to back/hip/knee issues anyway, which is something I work through, but I continue to injure myself from being careless. I`m my own worst enemy sometimes.

Anyone else coming off of an injury?