Flooding

Ugh...so yesterday morning my husband woke me up at 3:30 am because there was water coming in the basement. It was raining like mad. Got the pump up and running but we couldn't keep up with what was coming up through the drains. It just kept rising. Then we look outside and the street is completly flooded...halfway up our driveway. The neighbors across the street had water up to their basement windows. City is trying to pump their sysytem but no where for it to go so it just keeps coming up. Plus it was pouring in through the foundation as well. We ended up with about a foot of water in our basement. Still about an inch in there now yet this morning.

All in all we ended up with 10.5 inches of rain yesterday alone. Hey...our small Minnesota town made the big city news! Wish it wasn't from flooding though!

All my workout gear was down there. My weights...but they were up high enough they didn't get any water damage. But like all my mats and things just had down there on the floor. Treadmill was a foot under. I didn't use it much anymore since using K&D workouts but still...I hope it's not long before I get my workout room back. I can always move it to elsewhere in the house for now.

I guess it could have been worse for us. Our next door neighbor had 4 feet in his basement. And one across the street couldn't even get down into theirs there was that much water. So I'm trying to stay positive. But not much we can do right now until the water stops coming up and it's dry. The radar shows more rain coming this morning so.....

The picture is our street flooded yesterday morning. The trees are on the boulevard so it gives you an idea of how high it was on our yard.