Tips for People Struggling with Hydrochloric Acid Issues?!

Hi!

I've always had trouble with my stomach playing up. When I was around 10, I would get so nervous I would throw up... I've managed to calm myself down over the years and handle my stress and nerves much better, but sometimes my stomach plays up even when I'm NOT nervous. For about 6 months, I felt awfully sick every time I ate, but especially at breakfast. I had daily diarrhea and felt nauseous constantly, with no appetite. I almost fainted a couple times, even. I went to my GP and we did some blood tests and tried different medications... eventually she decided it was my hydrochloric acid (too much of it) in my stomach. So I was given Nexium (the strongest kind) and took it for several months and that fixed the majority of my problems. I have some to take whenever I REALLY feel like I need it, but it's been a couple months since I've been off it and I rarely need to take one. However, my stomach can still churn a little quite easily for half an hour after a meal, and I want to know if there are some suggestions on how to manage it, without having to take tablets all the time. (If I'm out, for example, and don't have the tablets with me). I have no allergies that I know of, but greasy or fatty food does not bode well with me, and I try to avoid them, or reduce the amount I eat.

Also, another thing I've noticed is that my bowel movements seem to be SUPER fast to what they used to be (and the food seems to move through my body at a completely different pace to what it used to). I'm on one medication - doxycyline, for my skin.

Sorry for such a long post, but in short, do you have any tips for people like me who struggle with hydrochloric acid issues?! Anything would be much appreciate! Thank you!