Daily Check-in: Saturday, June 30th

Hello Blenders!

How are you this weekend? Have any fun plans?

Are you working out today, or is it a rest day?

I'm quite sore from yesterday's lower body workout, so I'm looking forward to today's upper body workout with Kelli:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/kellis-upper-body-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily-arms-shoulders-upper-back

It's so hot here already, that I'd better get my workout in here pretty quick.

Ok so, I'm hoping you guys saw K & D's vlog from yesterday. I wanted to just float an idea out there of something small we could do in our check-ins to kind of show K & D that we're thinking about them.

What if we started a thing like a #WorkoutCompleteForK&D? Where maybe we could almost "dedicate" our Workout Completes to Kelli and Daniel? Or maybe we could really expand upon #WorkoutCompleteForK&D to encompass even more than exercising?

Since Kelli and Daniel have promoted true health and wellness, throughout both your body and your mind, maybe "How did you get your #WorkoutCompleteForK&D today?" could mean something along the lines of doing something good, something kind, or something challenging (for either yourself or someone else; or both!).

It doesn't have to be grand things. It could be as small as "I ate an entire ream of Oreos, and I'm not gonna beat myself up about it."

Or "I got my workout done today, and it made me really appreciate all the things that my body is capable of."

Or "I was really tired today, so I took the rest my body needed. And I don't feel guilty about it."

Or "I accomplished (insert random task here), and I'm proud that I was able to get it done. Even the smallest accomplishment is still progress."

Or "I'm really struggling right now, but that's ok. I'm allowed to struggle and recover at my own pace."

It could be so many things. Because Kelli and Daniel have made Fitness Blender into something so much more than just about fitness; it's about true wellness in every aspect of life. So if you wanna join me in getting your #WorkoutCompleteForK&D to show both of them that we really appreciate all the things that they have done for us, and so many other people, that would be really cool (this is totally an optional thing though).

I know it's not really much; but I thought if K & D could see how many different ways they've impacted people on the daily, maybe that could be a kind of support for them right now? And it is kind of hard with so many Blenders all over the world to coordinate something we could all collectively do; but I feel like showing a little support in a simple hash tag of #WorkoutCompleteForK&D could maybe show K & D that we're here for them?

I dunno, it was just an idea I had. Lemme know what you guys think about i.

So I guess I'll give it a try first. My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D today is to admit that I am struggling. I have been since I lost my little buddy 2 weeks ago. I like to pretend everything's ok, but the truth is, I'm a wreck most days. And for now, I'm going to try to be ok with that. I miss him, and I don't know how to do things without him. So being a mess while trying to figure that out is ok for now. I'm going to try to be more patient, and not force myself into being fine when I'm not. So my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D is to work towards more patience and acceptance.

Sorry this was such a long tangent on things. Like I said, I know this isn't a tangible way to really help or make a difference; but it's something I guess? A way to show support with the tools we currently have right now.

Well Blenders, let me know what you think. Is this something we could try to do? Or that you'd be interested in doing?

I hope you all have a great day and thanks for checking in!