M

How Food Affected Me

On a daily basis, my boyfriend and I try to eat as clean as possible. He actually has lost 15 pounds in 5 months just eating clean with no working out (darn him haha.) I typically workout 4-6 days a week with a mix of cardio and strength training.

I recently had to travel for work. For 5 days, I stayed in a hotel with all meals prepared for us or eating out for company dinners. I did always add fruit and veggies to my plate every meal and passed on some empty carbs, such as biscuits. Also while I was gone, I only was able to squeeze in 1 workout during the week.

By the time I got home, I was definitely feeling the effects. I was very tired and sluggish. I struggled to get through a 20 minute workout, which I usually to two 20-30 minute workouts a day (strength training or Pilates in the morning and cardio in the evening.) I ended up with a head cold and just felt bad all around.

After being home for just 2 days and getting back to my normal diet, I felt 10x better. My head cold instantly started to go away, I had more energy, and felt all around better.

I thought I would just share my experience with the FB Community. I always hear Kelli & Daniel talk about eating food that makes you feel good. I never realized how much my diet can affect my mood and energy levels until I was completely off track for a week.