C

Why I’ve been gone a little while...

Hello FB family!

How are y’all doing? I’ve really missed talking with y’all, and just wanted to check in and let you know why I haven’t been on here lately.

First, I got VERY busy, and I didn’t have time to really post anything, but I still kept up with reading y’alls post and comments for the most part. Then, my three younger brothers and I have been sick for the past couple weeks. 🤧🤒 We got Wiped. Out. I don’t know for sure what this even is, but it’s like the worst cold/flu I’ve ever had in my life! I went down fast, and it was like one thing after another. All of a sudden I had a light headache, tight chest, sore throat, (that was an awful sore throat!) and then fever all night. Then a few days in and our eyes got pink, and matted over like pink eye, but not as bad as the real pink eye. We were so congested. All I could do was lay in bed for like a week. You know that funny meme, or whatever it’s called that says something like; “If laughing gave you abs, I’d have a full blown six pack by now.”? That’s how I felt with this cough. It was a gut wrenching cough that left my abs sore. 😂 We felt really miserable, but our mom took great care of us, with lots of liquids and healthy food, and slowly, but surely we are getting better, thankfully. I got an ear infection in my left ear though, so my ear feels full and I can’t hear out of it very well right now.

Soooo, that’s what’s been up (or should I say down) with me! It really stinks, and I’ve lost my strength, but at least my energy is coming back. It’s crazy how you can be strong and healthy, and doing all sorts of things, and then bam. You’re wiped out. Just like that. It really made me thankful for when I’m healthy, and made me realize not to take it for granted. I think you can just get caught up in everything you’ve gotta do, and your busy schedule, and then something like this happens where you literally can’t do anything, and it makes you thankful for your health, and even just your life in general.

At first I was upset that I had lost most of my muscle mass, strength, flexibility, (not to mention just feeling awful) and I knew that I’d basically have to start over (in exercise) when I got well. But then, I remembered that healthy living is a lifestyle, and getting sick is part of life. It made me realize that your fitness level can change on a dime, and so I just need to focus on doing it for overall health. It made me think about all the other blessings in my life, and to appreciate and not take my them for granted. Maybe this sounds dramatic, I don’t know. I don’t know how to explain it.

Anyway, I hope this finds you all in good health, and I wanted to let you know that I haven’t forgotten y’all, and I think about, and hope you’re doing well! 😘🤗❤️

Callie