A small non-scale victory - but a cool one nonetheless

I've been working out with Fitness Blender for 7 weeks now. I started with the FB Low Impact program (which I loved), and now I'm about to start week 4 of FB 30 round 2. This program is definitely more challenging for me, and I often have trouble keeping up or doing the moves, but I'm plugging away and I always feel better afterward. Ok, let's get to the non-scale victory. In addition to the usual struggles with weight, strength etc., I'm also quite inflexible. My results on the flexibility part of the FB fitness test are pretty poor and even though I've improved, I have a looong way to go to reach my toes. I also notice this during the yoga workouts/cool down stretches - I often can't do some of them. One of the ones I struggle with is the pigeon pose twist. I can do the part where you lean forward over the bent knee, but I could never do the part where you bend your back leg at the knee and then twist around to grab it. I would do the bending part but couldn't come close to twisting around as I would start to get spasms in my side. Well yesterday, I managed to do the twist part and hold onto it for the full length of the stretch - on both sides! I was so excited that I proceeded to demonstrate it for my husband - on the kitchen floor. :)

I'm hoping to see some good before and after results as a result of working through these programs, but in the meantime, I'm also encouraged by little signs of progress like this.