Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Eating at work - struggling

Hello everybody, hope all is well :)

I would really appreciate some of your help. So I work in a boarding school. I start at 11.30am and finish at 7.30pm which means I eat my lunch and dinner at work. It's a very active job I am on my feet for most of the day.

Before I go to work I do my workout and eat my breakfast afterwards, usually a smoothie. (oats, coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, blueberries, raspberries and protein powder). Fills me up well, love my breakfasts.

I eat my lunch at roughly 12pm which is on a 3 week meal rota, but however I usually just make a salad as I often don't feel that the food they produce is particularly healthy. If they have chicken, turkey, ham ect I add them to my salad.

At about 3.30pm I have my break and I start to get hungry. I normally have a bowl a cereal which again I don't think is great but they don't supply anything substantial.

Dinner is about 5.30pm which I don't often eat at work I wait until I get home to cook something hence why I need an afternoon snack to keep me going. At home I would usually cook pasta with pesto.

I just find it hard to eat well and how I would like to because of the environment I work in which seems ridiculous as I work in the kitchens but I'm not able to cook anything as I'm not a chef.

I have thought about taking my own lunches in, maybe just wraps or a pasta salad which I would make at home myself. I think I just need some inspiration for lunch and dinners.

Because of how I eat I'm certain it's holding me back on my goals. Sorry for the ramble and life story, I'm just stuck in a rut and don't know how to go about it. :(

Thanks guys :)