G
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Trusting the process - taking it slow

Although I've used FitnessBlender videos in the past, I recently purchased FBFit Round 2 and have just completed my 4th week following the program! I have also lost around 4 lbs :) which is nice since I intended to lose at least 5 lbs and otherwise use weights to give more shape to my body.

While I'm proud that I've remained consistent, I tend to feel like I'm not doing enough given my living situation (can't do any HIIT jumping moves and have to modify them to be "quiet") and the fact that I only have access to 5 lb. dumbbells for my arms and one 25 lb. dumbbell for certain leg exercises. I just wish I could do more, given that the 5 lb. dumbbells feel really light now and I know the calorie burn is lower when I don't do the jumping movements.

It's also a bummer that I'll be studying in Argentina next semester and will either not have access to a gym with weights, or will be too intimidated to try going to the gym to workout rather than at home -- especially in a foreign country! I am trying to stay positive by reminding myself that I will most likely be walking more in Argentina than I currently do, but I also know that Argentine cuisine can be quite rich (pizza, pasta, bread and pastries, meats, and cheeses I've heard are typical) and I love food so there is a potential to reverse the progress I've already made. Despite my fitness-related doubts, I know I'll enjoy my time abroad in another culture, so that also makes me feel a little better.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I just needed to rant a little to remind myself in writing of my accomplishments thus far and that fitness is for life and follows the ups and downs that go with it!

I hope everyone is well and are able to work towards their own goals. Thank you for listening if you have read this post!