Home-Made Reese's Bars

I've mentioned these a couple of times, and thought I'd share the recipe. It's super easy to do, and all it requires is a mixing bowl, a spatula, a pan, and some wax paper.

- 1 jar of all natural peanut butter (i.e. the only ingredient is peanuts!) I like Crazy Richard's, and you can use either creamy or crunchy.

- 3-4 Tbsp pure maple syrup

- 1 cup rice crispies (can also use coconut, peanuts, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, literally whatever you want!)

- 8oz dark chocolate

- Sea salt to taste

1) Line a baking sheet with wax paper.

2) Spoon peanut butter into mixing bowl. Add maple syrup and stir until the mixture starts to form a ball, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in rice crispies.

3) Spoon peanut butter mixture onto baking sheet. Take a second piece of wax paper and place it on top of the peanut butter mixture. Use your hands to spread the peanut butter mixture (between the two sheets of wax paper) to cover the pan.

4) Place the pan in the freezer for about 10 minutes.

5) Melt the dark chocolate. You can do this in the microwave by microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring with a fork, and then repeating the process until it is nice and melty.

6) Take the pan out of the freezer. Remove the top layer of wax paper and pour the dark chocolate over the peanut butter. Sprinkle with sea salt.

7) Return to the freezer for another 15 minutes.

8) To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.

Keep in mind this is still candy, but it's certainly healthier than store-bought!