E

I never really feel "sore"

Hello all,

Throughout my whole time doing FB30 or any other independent workouts, I've realized that I never really feel sore the day after. I didn't even feel sore the day after I did the recent 1,000 calorie challenge! I don't have a problem with this necessarily, but I do enjoy feeling a bit tight the next day as it assures me that I worked hard and am making progress. Other than that, I'm just worried that I'm not pushing myself enough, as I always hear Kelli and Daniel talk about how it's normal to feel sore if you gave the workout your all.

When I used to do dance camps in the summer at my local studio I would be in so much pain halfway through the week, and although it was a nuisance, it allowed me to feel good about what I had done. I always try to squeeze in a few last squats or a few more dumbbell curls during workouts, and I've even bumped up my workouts from around 30 minutes to just about 45 (5-6 times a week), but still nothing. I mean, other than my muscles feeling a little fatigued or the slightest bit painful when I wake up the next morning, I don't really notice any true soreness. So, my question is, am I just not working hard enough? I'm normally dripping in sweat at the end of my workouts, my legs and arms tired and shaky. I really don't know what I could do other than possibly up the weights I use, but I only own dumbbells in 3, 12, or 20 pounds, so I don't have a ton of options. The only times I notice any real pain the next day is if I've skipped the cool down (which has only happened once or twice), so could it really be that stretching (plus the stretching I do at night just to improve flexibility) is enough to keep me from feeling too bad the next day? In all honesty, I'm just worried that maybe I'm just not pushing myself enough and I won't see results because of it (so if anyone has advice on how to make sure I'm giving it my all, I'd really appreciate it!).

I hope you've all had a wonderful start to the week!