Hurtful Remarks

I was a bit hesitant to post this because I didn't make a mountain out of a molehill but I'm a bit tired of the occasional rather hurtful remarks about my body.

I've never been overweight, quite the contrary, so I suppose many people might think I have nothing to complain about.

I started regularly working out with FB about 2 years ago because I wanted to be fit and healthy. The 'byproduct' of this new lifestyle is an even leaner body. I wouldn't say I'm underweight but I keep getting remarks about how thin I am and that I probably don’t eat enough. I DO eat. I’m very lucky because I’ve never had any eating disorders. I’ve read countless posts here about the struggles of people who are less fortunate than me so I know that those who are quick to make remarks about other people's looks have no idea how harmful it can be.

I would say my metabolism is quite fast and I work out. I know I'm unattractive and there's nothing I can do about my face and maybe marginally more I can do about my body. I already have a hard time dealing with these feelings but I that's one of the reasons why I work out. It makes me feel better.

Then someone comes along and asks me if I’m sick. I am. I’m sick of other people’s expectations. Next time someone asks me if I’m sick, I’ll say, yes, I’m dying. Dying to be left alone with a big slice of chocolate cake. Which I’d love to have right now.