dumbbell decision

Hey guys,

I just started FB30 round 3 a week ago (and loving it so far!), but have just 1kg and 1.5kg dumbbells at home, as this is the first time for me to do strength training. But even with my minimal experience ,I know that these weights are too small, especially in the long haul. From a course I took at my university some time ago, I know that I can squat at least 10kg over quite some reps.

So, as I am currently a university student, powerblocks are not really in my budget and there are not a lot of choices for getting weights second hand here sadly. So I found a Set of dumbbells, the classic ones with disks to screw on (I hope you understand what I mean, english is not my first language) for 40€, which would be adjustable from 2 to 10 kg per hand in 1kg increments. Now that seems a bit much for me right now, but when I combine the products differently, so that I would only get up to 7kg per hand, it would be the same price.

Now I am not sure, if I should invest in these or go with my lighter ones for a few weeks. For the record: I am a soon to be 24 year old female, if that helps to estimate how much I could be able to lift? And I feel already sorry for my mailman and am a little bit affraid to not being able getting the package up my 5 flights of stairs :D

So, which weights did you have in the beginning? Would you go for the 10kg/hand set?