VO2 Max test in the bag!

So at school, I help collect research data for this nutrition and fitness study, and I also participate in it as a subject. it involves measuring body composition, filling out a food questionnaire, and then a dreaded treadmill test to measure VO2 (which is often touted as a cardio fitness marker measuring how much oxygen your muscles consume during a workout). The test, for my age, is 7mph warm up, then a 1% incline increase per minute.

It was my second time doing this test. I shocked myself by reaching 8% incline (the max is 12, I'm making that my goal!) and my VO2 was above 60 - for girls my age, anything above 55 is superior or amazing! I was like :O And it's funny because the first time I did the test and got a similar result, I didn't really believe it, thinking couldn't possibly be that fit and that the machine messed up. But twice?

And I used to be an overweight, lazy young girl who would eat cookies and cake and 5 slices of pizza in one day - all it takes is determination, discipline, and ENJOYMENT.

Long story short, while I know I have myself to thank for getting my butt through these workouts, I Wanna thank FB for giving me the opportunity to do it at home with workouts that I truly ENJOY and that are improving my fitness more than I can imagine.

Remember, everyone has a chance to improve their health and fitness, and this is the place to do it! :)

(Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging - while I am proud of these results, I am not trying to rub it in anyone's face, especially since everyone here has their own goals and have achieved even better things :) )