I tried this recipe the other day and loved it!
Sweet Potato Spinach Quiche
1 medium sweet potato - cubed or blended. I personally don't own a blender and so I cubed mine
2 1/2 cups spinach - chopped
1/2 medium onion
4 free range eggs
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Sea Salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper - I don't know how much :/ Mine didn't turn out flavored enough so had to be doctored up at the table with spices.
Turn your oven on to 350 degrees.
1. Put sweet potatoes cubes and onion in a pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat
2. Add spinach and cook until wilted
3. Put in a pie pan. I used a small square Pyrex glass casserole type dish thing. (I don't know a lot about dishes and sizes, lol) DONT FORGET TO GREASE THE PAN. I use olive oil spray, but whatever you use is fine. I just forgot to use the spray the day I made this..so very stuck to bottom Quiche..
4. Whisk eggs, almond milk and spices together and add to solid mix.
5. Put in oven. Cook for about 30 minutes.
This dish is awesome and I really enjoyed it! I hope it turns out right for everybody else if you try it. I was trying to make a healthier version of a quiche I've tried at my favorite restaurant (which recently closed down)
They added feta cheese to theirs, but I skipped out on that part.
My question -
What do you do about eating out? My husband loves to eat out and isn't really on the whole eating healthy bandwagon. He eats moderately. I don't like just ordering salads all the time because a lot of times places just use iceberg (I'm not a fan) or they have no good dressing options.