C

Tried the 2 latest releases! + little rant.

Hi everyone!

Today I did the new 20 min. HIIT, and 15 min. core routines. I thought they were a good combo!

I should have checked the exercises on the hiit routine first, because I’m still a little sore in my shoulders and upper back from my upper body workout on Saturday, so I couldn’t do the arm movements on the jumping jack exercises as well. The hiit wasn’t my favorite since I like more lower body focused Hiit routines better. It definitely got my heart rate up, but it just didn’t seem as difficult as I like for hiit. Jumping jacks aren’t my preferred exercises for hiit, but that’s ok. I need to mix it up, and it is a good routine for a more total body, quick hiit!

I really liked the core workout!

I’d like to point out something I’ve learned, and noticed again today about FB’s core workouts.

When I used to workout with other YouTube channels, pretty much all the ab workouts were just that. Ab workouts. All the focus on the abs... Abs, abs, abs. All you ever heard was, “six pack” or “v-cut” or whatever other dumb names and terms they have. Even some videos were specifically targeting just the obliques to somehow tighten, and give that “hourglass” shape. Hourglass shape? Why is every body type compared to something or some object? Why does every part of our body have some name like, “saddle bags,” “muffin top,” “bat wings,” or we’re all supposed to want a “thigh gap” etc. How did I listen to all this nonsense, and practice these videos! Maybe they have good intentions, but are just going about it the wrong way.

Anyway, back to FB! (Sorry for the getting a little sidetracked.)

I noticed how they target the WHOLE core! Sure, there’s a little more focus on the abs, but not for the wrong reasons! They are focused on building strength in the entire body, and doing it the right way! They are explaining everything though the whole process, so you do it safely, with good form, and aren’t talking all this other nonsense. Of course getting toned and muscle definition is exciting, and you should be proud of, but it’s become the main focus in this society, and sometimes the way people go about it, I don’t think is even healthy!

Thank you Daniel and Kelli for putting, simplicity, straight forwardness, and what’s true back in health and fitness! You’ve really helped me (and I’m sure others) see the foolishness in what a lot is deemed as “health and fitness” these days!

Thank you!

Callie