HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 10th

Good Saturday morning!

David and I (and Bilbo) slept until almost 5am the past two nights, which is a marked improvement after waking up at 3am a couple of nights ago. I feel (somewhat) more rested and ready to tackle this day. I started a load of laundry and have cleaned our kitchen range already. I am super productive early in the morning after I’ve actually slept. It helps that we had yesterday off for Thanksgiving (i stead of Monday) and took care of the grocery shopping. It feels like there’s less pressure to try to do everything in just two days. How I wish we would always have 3-day weekends.

I get to do some Christmas shopping today. I will attend a market meeting in Ontario next week, to meet the store managers with whom I work, and they decided to build gift baskets for sick children of all ages. They usually build a bear each year, but they added the gift baskets this time around. The district that I work with is tasked with bringing gifts for teenagers, so I’ve been looking online for inspiration before I hit the stores. It’s a wonderful tradition that they have built over there. One of the district managers has a child currently battling cancer, so this hits close to home.

We also plan to take Bilbo to the park nearby to walk for the first time. He’s so easy to train, except when it comes to not pulling when walking on a leash and not reacting to dogs. Right now, he’s sleeping on David’s lap with his Grogu toy. See below the before and after going to the groomer’s for the first time this week.

What are your plans for today? Going out to have some fun or having fun at home? Planning a delicious meal? Getting in a good workout or resting (or both)? I am determined to exercise today. I know I say that every day, and I eventually talk myself out of it (stupid thoughts and procrastinating getting in the way), but I keep trying.

Wishing everyone a great day 🙂