PPals/HKS Friday October 9 ๐ฅณ๐๐ชฉ๐ถ๐บ๐ง๐ผโโ๏ธ๐ฆ
I donโt have any particularly happy news or anything to celebrate, but I want to celebrate. I read about collective effervescence this eveningโa term coined by Emile Durkheim in 1912. The 1920s were a time of collective effervescence. How can you not be happy doing the Charleston or playing badminton?
Collective effervescence โdescribe the sense of energy and harmony people feel when they come together in a group around a shared purpose.โ Quote from New York Times Thereโs a Specific Kind of Joy Weโve Been Missing, Adam Grant 2010.
Iโve been thinking of events that might qualify as collective effervescence, dancing, movies, singing, fitness classes, sporting events, book clubs, restaurants, religious events, PPals/HKS.
What about collective effervescence in small groups? A good conversation, intimacy with a partner. Others?
Iโm presenting tomorrow at the first time slot. ๐ Get it done I guess.
I hope your Friday is magical. Come effervesce with me or pretend. ๐งโโ๏ธ๐ผ
PPals/HKS Friday October 9 ๐ฅณ๐๐ชฉ๐ถ๐บ๐ง๐ผโโ๏ธ๐ฆ
I donโt have any particularly happy news or anything to celebrate, but I want to celebrate. I read about collective effervescence this eveningโa term coined by Emile Durkheim in 1912. The 1920s were a time of collective effervescence. How can you not be happy doing the Charleston or playing badminton?
Collective effervescence โdescribe the sense of energy and harmony people feel when they come together in a group around a shared purpose.โ Quote from New York Times Thereโs a Specific Kind of Joy Weโve Been Missing, Adam Grant 2010.
Iโve been thinking of events that might qualify as collective effervescence, dancing, movies, singing, fitness classes, sporting events, book clubs, restaurants, religious events, PPals/HKS.
What about collective effervescence in small groups? A good conversation, intimacy with a partner. Others?
Iโm presenting tomorrow at the first time slot. ๐ Get it done I guess.
I hope your Friday is magical. Come effervesce with me or pretend. ๐งโโ๏ธ๐ผ