HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 8th
Hello, lovelies, and Happy Thursday! How is everyone? I had a very nice coffee and walk with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and am currently resting my feet. Traffic in the city is crazy due to some big events happening this weekend so taking Ubers or public transport wasn't an option so I ended up walking 20k steps today. And that was my workout. It was nice to reconnect with my friend and the weather is gorgeous so I didn't really feel it.
I finally finished Another Country this week and my review is that I'd much rather recommend Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon. I'll try to read more Baldwin but so far I'm disappointed that he can write so astutely about race and male sexuality but is ultimately limited by his lack of empathy for women, regardless of race, which permeated the book for me. This interview was very illuminating regarding his rather limited view about women and their issues:
HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 8th
Hello, lovelies, and Happy Thursday! How is everyone? I had a very nice coffee and walk with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and am currently resting my feet. Traffic in the city is crazy due to some big events happening this weekend so taking Ubers or public transport wasn't an option so I ended up walking 20k steps today. And that was my workout. It was nice to reconnect with my friend and the weather is gorgeous so I didn't really feel it.
I finally finished Another Country this week and my review is that I'd much rather recommend Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon. I'll try to read more Baldwin but so far I'm disappointed that he can write so astutely about race and male sexuality but is ultimately limited by his lack of empathy for women, regardless of race, which permeated the book for me. This interview was very illuminating regarding his rather limited view about women and their issues:
https://theculture.forharriet.com/2014/03/revolutionary-hope-conversation-between.html
That's all from me. Do let me know what's going on with you. Wishing everyone a fantastic day!