Monday at HKS (with added Pals), October 5th 🗓️💪✅☔📽️🌃
Monday at HKS (with added Pals), October 5th
Hello blendfriends, welcome to the Monday thread! Please feel welcome to read and to post here, we're always happy to chat.
It's a cloudy, windy Monday morning and I'm drinking the last cup of coffee before we have to go buy more and wondering if I should be keeping an emergency stash somewhere. There's a wonderful coffee roastery in the market next to my office, and I usually buy enough for our week, but since our coffeemaker broke down we've been using a bodum, and the quantities are different!
Aside from buying coffee, today's agenda is quite full day! I'm going to try Nicole's upper body banded workout, which I have tagged "physio moves", so hopefully it will be gentle for my cantankerous elbows. At work, I will presumably have my first supervisory meeting in ages (my boss is back from a long leave and the org was perfectly happy to let the library staff manage ourselves in the interim), and I need to take off a bit of time to go vote this morning, as my beloved has proposed a movie date downtown later. So, knowing that this group has a lot keeping us busy, here's a thought from Storm to keep us steady:
"At this time when there is so much going on on all levels and all around you, keep ever aware of Your High Self and allow nothing to drag you down. There is always something to be deeply grateful for." (Storm K.)
I'm thankful for a long night of sleep, for good workout recommendations, for a workplace that appreciates its library, for interesting cultural offerings, even for the rain today that will ease the transition for all the delicious chives I transplanted into my home garden. Are there things you're especially thankful for today?
Monday at HKS (with added Pals), October 5th 🗓️💪✅☔📽️🌃
Monday at HKS (with added Pals), October 5th
Hello blendfriends, welcome to the Monday thread! Please feel welcome to read and to post here, we're always happy to chat.
It's a cloudy, windy Monday morning and I'm drinking the last cup of coffee before we have to go buy more and wondering if I should be keeping an emergency stash somewhere. There's a wonderful coffee roastery in the market next to my office, and I usually buy enough for our week, but since our coffeemaker broke down we've been using a bodum, and the quantities are different!
Aside from buying coffee, today's agenda is quite full day! I'm going to try Nicole's upper body banded workout, which I have tagged "physio moves", so hopefully it will be gentle for my cantankerous elbows. At work, I will presumably have my first supervisory meeting in ages (my boss is back from a long leave and the org was perfectly happy to let the library staff manage ourselves in the interim), and I need to take off a bit of time to go vote this morning, as my beloved has proposed a movie date downtown later. So, knowing that this group has a lot keeping us busy, here's a thought from Storm to keep us steady:
"At this time when there is so much going on on all levels and all around you, keep ever aware of Your High Self and allow nothing to drag you down. There is always something to be deeply grateful for." (Storm K.)
I'm thankful for a long night of sleep, for good workout recommendations, for a workplace that appreciates its library, for interesting cultural offerings, even for the rain today that will ease the transition for all the delicious chives I transplanted into my home garden. Are there things you're especially thankful for today?